I’m not particularly overweight but I always find my BMI is on the edge of my being overweight. After some changes in my usual routine recently I noticed my clothes were getting a little tight and I noticed on catching myself in the mirror that I have been gaining a few pounds.
I like to make low calorie food and I love growing, cooking and eating. I am often asked for recipes, especially the lunches I take to work. I’ve posted a few recipes on facebook for friends but I want to keep more of a record of what I make. I don’t very often stick to a recipe and have quite a repertoire of food I make regularly so recording what I do on the blog will let me save the delicious, low calorie recipes I make regularly for my family and I.
As part of the lunch series Broccoli and Dolcelatte Soup is a favourite. I hate waste, this recipe is perfect for a head of broccoli that is pasted its best as you use the whole lot. It is the perfect tasty low cal lunch at only 129 calories per serving you can have a slice of your favourite bread with it too.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do xx
Serves 6 129 calories per serving
1 onion roughly chopped
1 tbspn Alfa one rice bran oil
1 celery stick finely chopped
1 medium potato peeled and cut into small cubes
1.5 litres vegetable using 2 x tsp Kallo Swiss vegetable bullion powder.
1 head broccoli florets separated, stalk cut into small cubes
75g Dolcellate blue cheese
- Warm the rice bran oil in a large pan over a low heat.
- Add the onion and celery cover and sweat for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the potato, broccoli stalk and the stock bring to the boil and simmer part covered for 10-15 minutes until the stalk is soft.
- Add the broccoli florets bring back to a simmer and cook part covered for 7-10 minutes until soft.
- Remove from the heat and blend using a stick blender or transfer to a liquidizer, whizz the soup until smooth.
- Add blobs of the Dolcellate and stir until they are part melted.
Can be eaten straight away or cooled portion up and frozen. Defrost at room temperature only reheat once.